Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Survey

Yay SP7 has begun. Here is my survey!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I really am :o) I like natural fibers and well made yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I have been a spinner for several years on both wheel and spindle. I don't do crochet often even though it was my first craft.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a lovely Lantern Moon soft case.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 3-4 years now and consider myself Intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla, cookies, chocolate...food scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Have you seen my hips??? I like chocolate but have been on a gummy candy jag lately.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Really, right now, spinning, knitting, a little bead work.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like 80's music and whatever catches my ear when I turn on the radio. I can play MP3's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purples, reds, burnt oranges, lime. I like color!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, two cats and a bunny.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, mittens, gloves but NO ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? My own! No really, I like all sorts of yarn and handspun is great.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Hemp and linen. It's a texture thing.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks and sweaters.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby clothing...at least right now :o)

17. What are you knitting right now? Handspun knee socks, some small knitted toys, fuzzy feet slippers.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, but I'm picky...hard to please :o)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends...Circs for socks and straights for other things. I don't do DPN's

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or wood is the best. I do use some aluminum for socks.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both :o)

22. How did you learn to knit? Self taught, that's why I twist my stitches.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? In knitting, one year. In sewing 12 years :o)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? In Korea there is a small little girl character called Pucca. http://puccaclub.com/eng/

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween and my Birthday!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Orchids, my collection is quite large.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits and Spin Off.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Check out my Amazon list :o)

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I have lace knitting and entrlac in mind to try.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I do knit socks and have a size 9-9.5 shoe. But I have large calves :o(

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) April 19th

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006 9:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea just how excited I am to get to spoiling you!

Sriously..Pucca is a fairly new discovery and I just turned a secret santa onto her!

You are about to be one spolie gal!

I am a brand new spinner, so look for fiber more then yarns, since you are a snob like me and prefer handspun.
Maybe, if I ever get the time, I will actually get you some of my homespun (IF you promise not to laugh at me, in secret is ok, AND pretend to love it!)

I am so excited, we have a lot in common!

I really am looking forward to spoiling you, so look for a box to be delivered in the next week or two!!!

Your SP7

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Shelby said...

Hi! Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you have fun spoiling your pal, and being spoiled too!

Shelby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home